Who Am I?
I want to give you a little information about my background and experience.
- 1977: Moved to League City when my dad transferred here from Brooklyn, NY.
- 1983: Graduated from Clear Creek High School.
- Earned Associated Degree from San Jacinto Clear Lake while waiting tables.
- Graduated with a Bachelors Degree from Stephen F. Austin State University.
- 1990: Got married, began 25-year teaching and coaching career in Deer Park ISD.
- 1998: Left teaching to be a Project Manager for D.R. Horton.
- 2000: Missed coaching so returned in CCISD.
- 2008: Moved to Pasadena Memorial High School.
- 2015: Married Monica and moved back home to League City.
- Project Manager for D.R. Horton
- Over saw the building of 35 quarter-to-half-million dollar new homes.
- Personnel management of over 100 workers during construction.
- Scheduling, managed very large budgets, personnel issues.
- Project Manager for the Annual Eric Medina Christmas Basketball Tournament.
- Coached a League City girls AAU basketball team for three years.
- Coached other AAU boys and girls basketball teams.
- Coached one team to the State Boys Basketball Final Game.
- Coached more than 20 basketball teams to the play-offs at various levels.
- Oversaw the planning and execution of COUNTLESS fundraisers throughout my teaching and coaching career.
- Regularly manage classrooms of up to and over 30 teenaged students.
- Volunteer coached Little League Girls Basketball in Deer Park.
- Volunteer practice coached girls basketball at Hometown Heroes in League City.
- Volunteer at Houston Food Bank.
- Volunteered and donated in League City area during Hurricane Harvey relief.
- Volunteer at Galveston County Food Bank.
- Wife Monica – Teacher for 17 years before changing careers to work in Communications at Johnson Space Center.
- Daughter Allyson – Working on Masters Degree at Goldsmith College in London.
- Daughter Sarah (twin) – Senior at Reed College in Portland, Oregon
- Daughter Madison (twin) – Senior at UHCL.
- Stepson Daylon – Working on Masters Degree at Texas State University
- Stepdaughter Jaclyn – Junior at UHCL.
- Live in South Shore Harbor Subdivision.
WHY I WILL BE A GOOD COUNCILPERSON:
I have a lifetime of experience working as part of a team. I understand the need for clearly defined goals with roles set up to accomplish these goals. I am very approachable, a good listener, and eager to learn. I have a heart for people and want to do what I can to help my fellow citizens feel safe, comfortable, and proud in their chosen community.